Manually uploading your data from Trace
Total time: 1-2 mins
There are times when the Bluetooth in your Trace might not connect to your phone and won't be able to automatically upload your stats from the day. If this happens, first check to see if there are any firmware updates we have sent out recently. If you're running the most recent version of the Trace firmware and it's still not connecting with your phone, let us know and we'll find a solution.
But in the meantime, you can still easily get your stats. Here's what you do:
1. Plug in Trace. Plug the Trace into your computer using the microUSB cord. It should light up Green and an icon should show up on your desktop, or wherever your external drive icons (Flash Drives, Digital Cameras, etc.) show up.
And the icon on your desktop:
2. Get your File(s). Once Trace is plugged in, double click the icon and you'll get a box that looks like this. There maybe sever .txt files (those are your data files) depending on how often you use Trace. Click on the folder marked Trace. Inside you'll see a number of files that all start with "data.".
Once you've located the files, drag them onto onto your desktop. It might take a minute or two to copy over, as these files are anywhere from 30mb-100mb.
3. Zip up your files. Once you've copied the files onto your desktop, select them all, right click, and then zip them up. For Mac users, right click the selected files file and click Compress. For PC users, right click the files, select "New", then "Compressed (zip) file".
4. Upload your file. Once you've converted the .txt file to a .zip file, go to surf.activereplay.com/upload. When you're there, select which sport your were doing, then click "Choose File." Choose the .zip file you just created (it should still be on your Desktop).
5. Finish. Click the Finish Upload button. It may take a minute to upload. Once it does, you'll see a confirmation box that says your files have successfully uploaded. Don't worry about the social icons, they don't work right now. Now head over to AlpineReplay or SurfReplay and your stats should be there. You might have to press the Refresh button, but if they were uploaded correctly, they'll be there.
From here you can still share your Sessions on Facebook and Twitter. Just click on the thumbnail from any day in the Profile section and click "Share" up in the top right. From there, you'll be able to add a photo from the day and share it on Facebook and Twitter: