1. To turn Trace on, press the button on the right hand side for 2 seconds. You should see two lights turn on and fill the ring with a yellow color.
2. This will take your Trace into GPS search mode. You'll know that Trace is in GPS search mode because the lights will be solid yellow (meaning the lights are always on).
3. Wait until your Trace is ready to record. You'll know that Trace is ready to record because you'll see the ring turn to solid blue. No pulsing, no blinking. Once you see your Trace with a solid blue ring, you are ready to start recording.
4. To put your Trace into recording mode, press the button once. Trace will start blinking blue. Blinking blue means that Trace is recording. Slide Trace into the mount and you're ready to go.
5. When you are ready to stop recording, press the button just like you did to start recording. Trace will immediately switch to a solid blue ring.
6. To turn Trace off, hold down on the button for 3 seconds. You will see the LEDs switch off. Note that you cannot turn Trace off if you're in recording mode. You will have to switch out of recording mode first.
* If Trace gets into a weird state, and you are unsure of what's going on, please reset your Trace. You can do this by holding down on the button for a full 15 seconds. After this give Trace 10 seconds to reset. You can now start over at step 1.